Search Engine Optimization
As new websites are built, special attention is paid to organic search factors. The website’s structure, content, and links are created and coded properly to ensure indexing by the search engines.
It is important to understand which keywords are truly impactful. Using several tools, Royle Media creates a spreadsheet of the most important keywords and phrases, detailing potential search traffic and costs for the campaign. The research is used to guide website optimization, ranking reports, and any paid-search or search retargeting efforts.
Success is tracked through Search Engine Results Page (SERP) reports. RM uses ranking and SEO software to create these reports, which are particularly helpful for on-going SEO engagements.
Some of the search engine optimization tactics used by Royle Media include:
- Keyword research: Spreadsheet provided and reviewed with the client
- Metadata: Titles and descriptions written for top pages
- Header (H1) tags, robot instruction tags and anchor text are added to the content/code
- Images optimized with keywords in alt-image tags and file names
- Internal linking and anchor text
- Rich snippets/microdata added to the code
- XML site maps submitted to Google & Bing
- Speed testing and image resizing
- Caching and CDNs set-up as necessary to improve load speed (if applicable)
- Google Analytics set-up with basic conversion tracking
- Set-up on SERP reporting software for future ranking reports and SEO reports
- Google Places listing optimization (when necessary for local search)
- Blog directory submissions
- Data aggregator submissions (for online maps and directories)
- Link sourcing
- Accelerated mobile pages (amp)